Nexilis, a Delaware-based AI driven, Insurance as a Service platform company, today announced the launch of its newly formed strategic committee of trusted advisors. This Advisory Board includes distinguished insurance and technology industry leaders whose focus will be to shape and guide the strategy and go-to-market priorities of Nexilis, working closely with the leadership team.
The new Nexilis Advisory Board members include:
- John Hendrickson – Mr. Hendrickson has nearly 40 years of global (re)insurance executive leadership experience including corporate development and strategy. He is Founder and Managing Director of SFRi, a boutique insurance investment and advisory firm. His credentials also include Investor at Formation and Director of Strategy at Validus, Head of Swiss Re Capital Partners and Member of the Executive Board at Swiss Re, and Managing Director and Co-head of Insurance Group at Smith Barney.
- Bob Livingston – Mr. Livingston is an experienced senior executive with strong leadership and organization management skills. For over 40 years, he has held several senior executive positions at Western World Insurance Group including Chairman and CEO of Western World. He led the successful acquisition by Validus Re and subsequent organization integration. Bob has also served on the board on PCIAA, WSIA (formerly NAPSLO) Educational Foundation, and instructor at the NAPSLO advanced school.
- Barry H. Smith, CPCU, ARe – Mr. Smith is a proven leader in the insurance industry with over 40 years of insurance operations and IT experience.As Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and CIO at Everest Re Group, a leading global company with annual premiums in excess of $9 billion, he had worldwide responsibilities for Information Technology, Human Resources, Corporate Operations and Corporate Services.Previously, Barry was Vice President, IT for Prudential Reinsurance Company and Prudential Property and Casualty Company’s homeowners and automobile division. Barry has also served on the boards of Everest National Insurance Company, Heartland Crop Insurance, and EvCan Insurance Company of Toronto, Canada.
- Krishna Malyala – Mr. Malyala is the CEO of TLC and is renowned to being creator and inspiration on many fronts—but is first and foremost, is an innovator with a knack for seeing how things can be better. Starting in Computer Engineering at Penn State, with a minor in Computer Science, Krishna then earned an MBA at Rutgers University in strategy and finance, and later served as White House Presidential Innovation Entrepreneur in residence, VP of Innovation at Citi, CTO of WISP Inc., and is the inventor of the AOL/NetZero Accelerator (sped-up dialup and wireless modems). More recently, Krishna turned his attention to the world of realty. There, he saw an opportunity to use technology to create a better home buying experience for homebuyers and real estate agents.
- Ernest Hursh - Mr. Hursh has founded and been the principal of 3 small companies in his career including a grocery store, a small publishing company, a successful consulting practice, and is a Co-founder of Slice Labs, Inc. and served that organization as VP of Sales and Marketing. He is currently engaged as the principal and founder of Clayton Hursh Group, LLC., specializing in working with small to medium size technology and insurance companies in digital strategies and the shaping of companies for the near and long terms. He has acted in a senior management capacity, globally, as Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing, VP of Marketing, Sales Manager, and VP of Sales and Marketing with both small and large companies in the technology, insurance, and publishing arena including in a senior management role for CBS Corporation, Pearson Publishing PLC, Travelers Insurance Company, Mercator Software (now an IBM technology), and Slice Labs, Inc., among others. Mr. Hursh has a B.S. degree in Germanic Studies from the University of Nebraska with a concentration in European Diplomatic History and has studied in the M.B.A. program at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
"This is an important milestone for Nexilis," said Thad DeBerry, Co-Founder and CEO of Nexilis. "We thoughtfully curated this Advisory Board to include insurance, reinsurance, and technology industry experts whose collective experience ensures Nexilis has the guidance it needs to navigate its way in the dynamic and complex Insurtech market.”Nexilis offers a configurable, AI driven, insurance platform and services that manage all underwriting and product distribution needs for
P&C Insurers. The innovative technology enables insurers and MGAs to quickly launch new and existing products integrated with emerging technologies such as IoT devices, 3rd party data sources, and the latest insurtech capabilities to create world class customer experiences. Insurers and MGAs can utilize the Nexilis platform to streamline their underwriting process to the point of straight through processing, create new distribution models, and enter new markets by applying AI to third party and internal data.
About Nexilis: Nexilis is a Delaware based LLC Insurtech company, with a highly configurable Insurance as a service platform that enables Insurers and MGAs to quickly integrate complex technologies and data delivering outstanding customer experiences. Their accomplished leadership team of Insurance and IT experts have used their combined 100+ years of experience in Insurance to innovate and deliver this truly unique, AI driven platform specifically for the insurance market.
For more information, visit: https://www.nexilis.com/